About Alfredo Afro
I tour in a band called Psychostick.
Touring inspires many funny ideas that have no real outlet. Then I thought, "I should write and draw stuff based off of these clumps of information that tend to disappear into nothingness!"
Then I procrasticated for a while.
Then I DID IT.
I became the 12,452,994th web comic on the internet!
What separates me from the other 12,452,993 other web comics is that I draw my characters based off of my band, with square eyes, and no noses!
Also, I'm me, and they're not me, and that is SIGNIFICANT. Especially to me.
Some deliciously saucy facts about the one and only ME:
- I blast faces with satire
- Video games and coffee.
- Web design is fun.
- Web programming is funner.
- Pants are overrated
- I cook a mean ramen
- Apple, the technology giant, is a glorified drug dealer because all the crap they release inhibits my neuropeptides to deliver an experience similar to INJECTING CRACK/COCAINE/HEROINE into my eyes.
Some Junk About Rawrb (Me)
I've been doing web development since 1997. I was 16 when I first started playing with HTML. My very first book was "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating an HTML Web Page by Paul McFedries." I STILL HAVE IT.
I spent the next several years learning "internets technologies" and working for corporations. During this phase I spent many of my free hours building failing websites and learning many hard lessons from these failures.
Then Psychostick started to do well and we begun touring the USA, thus NO MORE WORKING JOBS! From there the experiences and hardships from touring inspired me to create Alfredo Afro.
Maybe Lifetime Network will produce a "Made for TV" movie about my struggle. Hmm
Anyway, if you wanna know more about MEEEE for whatever reason I have a personal blog site, Rawrb.com. One syllable domain names are AWESOME.
A little more
The name "Alfredo Afro" came from just a random couple of words I threw together that sounded complimentary and funny to me. I think it was when I was coming up with dumb band names. "The Alfredo Afros" was one of the names that stuck. I chuckled and kept it stored in the brain matter.
There are many websites that help inspire me to do this dumbness, and I think if they didn't exist I wouldn't have launched this'n. They are:
- Matt Cutts Blog - He's a Google techie. Good reads for nerds. It's not a web comic obviously but I do enjoy the depth and informative nature of his blog.
- The Oatmeal - Great stuff here. Lots of laughing out loud here. Um... LOLOLH?
- Rifftrax - MST3K brilliance. Their whole setup is awesome.
- Able and Baker - My buddy Jim's web comic. Funny comic with huge archive. So awesome.
- My Extra Life - Learned a ton about digital comic composition from Scott Johnson's videos. Very informative and helpful for newbs like me, and possibly, you? Hey Scott, tell me where you get your prints from.
- Hyperbole and a Half - One of the more unique styles of blogging I've ever seen.
- Penny Arcade - I'm pretty sure every web comic has been inspired by the hugely successful PA. I'm no exception.
Beyond the inspiration lies the sheer determination to create something that not ONLY entertains, but also is fun to do and can pay my stupid cell bill. Goddamn iPhone. I can never go back.